7/30/09

Almost Empty Nest

Today I brought Arista, Darcy, Pixie, Duncan and Chica into the shelter. Pixie, Duncan and Chica have finished their medications and since they are already spayed and neutered, they will go right onto the adoption floor. Darcy and Arista are scheduled to be spayed and will go on the adoption floor as soon as they recover. That leaves me with just Tiger. (And our own three cats).

The place seems kind of empty right now because we have had so many fosters and almost all of them returned to the shelter at the same time. It is nice because it is a lot less work, but I miss them. Because of his litter box issues, Tiger is not allowed to roam the house, so we have no little ones underfoot right now.

Arista will be returning to us tonight and staying for a day or two while she recovers from her spay, but then she will go right back to go up for adoption. Both the foster people and I were concerned about Arista recovering on the adoption floor like most kittens do because she needs to be watched closely to make sure she does not have any eating issues. And of course, it is easier for the shelter if she recovers with me because then they do not have to deal with her recovering and eating a different food from everyone else at the same time.

I will not get any new fosters until we figure out what is the cause of Tiger's litter box issues. We think he might be afraid with so many other cats around, so we have been emptying my house of other fosters to see if that helps and they have also sent out a lab test on him to make sure it is not medical. Unfortunately, litter box issues like his - he has peed on my bed more than once - can prevent him from ever getting a forever home. So cross your fingers and send us good thoughts and hope that we can get this fixed.

I will update here as I hear about adoptions on my crew and will let everyone know when we do get a new kitty, but it will probably be quiet in the Animal House for a while so we can work on getting Tiger straightened out. Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment