7/17/09

Looking for a Forever Home

Here are a few of my foster cats. All of them are looking for their forever homes. Some are in the shelter and some are still in my home. The shelter that I foster for is located in Massachusetts. For detailed information about each cat or kitten, click on their link. It will take you to my foster profile page where you can find out about the cat and find links to email me or to send a post to a friend.

Muffin Griffin - Adopted
Julius - Adopted Darcy - Adopted
Tiger Arista

The adoption fee for any kitten under 4 months old (all of them but Muffin) is $200. While this seems like a lot for a kitten, it covers quite a few things. It covers the surgery to spay or neuter the kitten and the shots and tests that most vets would do the first time you bring your kitten in to visit them. I do not know about other areas of the country, but around here getting the kitten fixed alone can cost you close to the $200 adoption fee.

Many of the foster kittens I have are not yet fixed due to either weight or age. However, if you adopt a kitten that is not fixed from the shelter, they will make an appointment for you to bring the kitten back for surgery when it is big enough. You are not charged anything for the surgery when you bring it in because the cost was covered in the adoption fee.

I will add pictures and links for more of my fosters when I get a chance. It is actually kind of hard to get a nice shot of a kitten's face because they never stop moving. I have four more kittens that I have not listed in this post yet because I am still trying to get photos of them. They are Magic, Pixie, Duncan, and Chica. Magic has a profile on the foster profile page. The other do not because they just recently came to my house and are too sick with the cat version of the flu to even be considered for adoption. Once they are a little better, I will add their profiles.

Now I don't really expect to get a lot of people contacting me actually interested in adopting the cats I have as fosters. What this post and the profile page is more about it letting people know how many different types of cats and kittens are in your local shelters or foster programs just waiting for their forever home. If you are considering adding a pet to your family, please go to your local shelter or rescue group. The animal there really need someone like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment