3/29/09

Unexpected Challenges

When I decided to start fostering, I knew there would be some challenges that would come up and I would have to figure out how to deal with them. I expected things like dealing with a foster that got sick in some way and dealing with giving them up at the end of the foster time. I have, however, had some challenges that I did NOT expect when I signed up. Such as:

1. Thinking that with the only child in the house being 4 years old, I was done shopping at Babies R Us only to have to go back and get a bi-fold door child lock to keep a mother cat from hiding her newborns in the closet. Especially since I had just the day before filled the closet with every thing from the room that I though was NOT safe to have around kittens that young.

2. Convincing the 4 year old that the newborn kittens did not have sticks coming out of their bellies. They were embilical cords.

3. Explaining to a 4 year old what an embilical cord was.




And on that note, I am happy to report that Kitten C lost his embilical cord today and both kittens are doing well and maintaining their weights.

No comments:

Post a Comment