3/27/09

Welcome to my home (and the world)

I picked up my latest foster on 3/26. The foster coordinator at the shelter asked if we would be willing to take in a pregnant mother cat and we said yes. By the time things worked out to go get the cat, she had given birth to two healthy kittens. I picked them up when the kittens were three days old.

The mother is a two year old black and white cat named Muffin. So far she is taking great care of her babies. I had a little trouble when I first got them home. I had a bed for her like they had at the shelter, but there she was in a smaller cage and at my house she has a whole room. It seems that she did not care to have her kittens out in the open like that and kept trying to move them to the closet. I actually had to go to babies r us and get a bi-fold door lock that you normally use to keep a toddler out of a closet. My roommate's husband (Roland) also helped me make Muffin a nesting box out of an old moving box so that she could safely "hide" her kittens.

As of today, the kittens are four days old. We think they are both boys, but it is hard to tell at this age. Since we are not sure about their sex, we have not named them yet. Kitten B is black and white and right now weighs in at 5 oz. Kitten C is also black and white and has a white neck with a black spot on it. Kitten C weighs in at 4.5 oz. If I can figure out how, I will post some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment