4/1/09

Eyes Wide Open

Well, at least partially open. That is right; Kitten B opened his eyes today. They are very cute, very unfocused blue eyes. Kitten B also finally lost his embilibal cord. I brought the foster family up to my bedroom today to keep a closer eye on them because I had a little bit of a concern today.

I mentioned in a previous post that they all have a slight cold. Well, one of the things that can happen when a kitten gets sick is that the mother can reject them and not keep them in the "nest" where it is warm. When I went into the room today, one of the kittens was sitting alone in the middle of the room. I did not know if the mother was ignoring it, or if I had just interuppted her in the middle of moving the kittens. (She likes to move them around the room).

So, just to be safe, I brought them up to my room to watch for a while. Turns out that Kitten C has decided that he likes to try and crawl around the room loking for Mom even though his eyes are not open yet. So thankfully, it seems he is just adventurous, not that Mom is rejecting him.

Kitten B now weighs in at 9 oz and has opened his eyes. Kitten C weighs in at 9.25 oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment