4/2/09

Overprotective Foster Mom

I can't get this annoying feeling that there is a problem with one of the kittens out of my head. Somehow the kitten keeps ending up out of the bed and away from the other kitten. The mother does not seem to be real anxious to put it back. In fact, she tends to push it towards me if I am down there. She also will roll over and move around to make sure that the other kitten is latching on when she lies down to nurse them, but the lets the other kitten climb all over her looking for a place to eat without doing anything.

I made them a new bed that I do not think the kittens can get out of on their own and that gives Mom more room to lie down, so I will see how it goes tonight. But if I still have this uneasy feeling in the morning, I think I am going to have to call the shelter and see about bringing them in to be checked over.

I guess it is better to be thought of as the crazy overprotective foster person than take the chance that there is something wrong and I did not pay attention to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment