6/25/09

Sick Baby :(


Arista is currently very sick. She has lost over 8 oz. since she came to be with us. That is 25% of her body weight. She no longer wants to eat. All she wants to do is drink water and curl up next to me to sleep. I am very concerned about her. I was up all night with her just watching her and trying every few hours to get her to eat anything with no luck. She looks very weak and so skinny. I am bringing her back into the shelter at noon today and they are going to keep her for a while and force feed her to try and get her stabilized so that she can eventually come back here to us.

I am also bringing her to the shelter today be cause I am heading down to visit my sister-in-law and her newborn twins for the day. While that makes me very happy, I did not feel right about leaving Arista alone all day because she is too sick. Thankfully, the shelter understands that and will keep her until she either is stable or until after I visit my niece and nephew and can be with Arista all day long to force feed her, which ever comes last.

They do not know what is wrong with Arista, just that she is not eating and that is a bad thing for a kitten. The good thing is that since she is over 8 weeks old, she has a better chance of surviving than if she were younger. I will update when I have more information.

For now, I am going to drop her off at the shelter into good hands and then try to put the situation out of my mind while I go be a happy new aunt and spoil my new niece and nephew, Shannon Grace and Liam Grant.

No comments:

Post a Comment