6/5/09

On Their Way and A New Arrival

Dora and Nirvana went back to the shelter to find their forever homes today. I am happy to see them move on. The two of them combined were getting to be a handful and they were more than ready to go from being confined in one room (my foster room) for most of the day. They need to be in their own homes where they will have the run of the house for most of the day.

Normally, I would let them have the run of the place, but they were both dealing with upper respiratory infections (URI) and were on medications. They had real mild cases, but the shelter wanted me to keep them separated from Doyle just in case because a URI is what he had as a very young kitten that made him so sick and they did not think it was a good idea for him to get exposed again so soon after his symptoms finally went away. Although Doyle did miss playing with his friends. I am sure that both Dora and Nirvana will be adopted right away. They are both really cute.

I also picked up my next foster today because they happened to be looking for a foster home for this kitten when I came in to drop off my crew. This will be a different type of foster for me. This kitten is heavy enough and old enough to be adopted out, but he was found as a stray and needs socialization before he can be suitable to be placed up for adoption. I just got him settled in the foster room and am going to leave him alone for the rest of the day so he can settle in. I will post more about him as I get to know him.

UPDATE: Dora and Nirvana were both adopted the day after I dropped them off so they were in the shelter less than 24 hours before they were on their way to a forever home. I do not know if they went to the same house or not because I have not had a chance to check, but I am happy they are in their new homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment