8/15/09

Meeting a New Mom

I volunteered at the shelter that I foster for today. They were having a special event and were going to need the extra help so I went in. I am so glad that I did because I got to meet the woman who was taking Darcy home. Darcy and her brother Julius had a special place in my heart because they overcame a lot of odds to become the social adoptable kittens they are now. They also looked like my previous cat Maggie did when she was young. I still miss her and it was nice to have orange kittens around again. I missed both of them when I brought them into the shelter.

Of course, I miss all of my fosters, but some are harder than others. Since Darcy was one of the hard ones to give up, it was really great to get to meet the person she was going home with. Her new mom promised to send pictures and updates to the shelter so I could see how she grows. And I am happy that Darcy is in good hands. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment