8/19/09

Purring is a wonderful thing

I decided to name my two feral fosters Jordan and Stormy for the time being. Oddly enough, they are not real keen on me checking under their tails to see what sex they are - imagine that. :)

They really want to get out of the cage and run around so I have been using this to my advantage. They can see that Doyle, my kitten and Silvermist, the other foster are loose and they want to be with them. So in order to get out of the cage, they have to let me pick them up and pet them for a minute before they can run loose around the room. Today, I actually got both of them to let out a little bit of a purr while I was holding them, so I am seeing that as progress.

So far I have to trick them to get them back into the cage each time I let them out. I decided to just let them be tonight and have the run of the foster room for the night. If they are more skittish and won't let me handle them again in the morning then it will be back into the cage for them. Hopefully they will be too interested in breakfast to run from me and I will be petting them before they realize what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment